It’s that time again. We get to start fresh with a new year and I get to start fresh with new goals. My 2017 goals were mostly fails and I am considering that when setting my 2018 goals. There are so many things that I would like to accomplish, but with my work schedule, I have to be realistic. Also, I am giving myself the grace to decide if a goal was just a mistake and take it off the list at any time.
My main overarching goal is to improve my sense of well-being and happiness. In my mind, I feel like that goal can be accomplished by three things: paying off debt (hubby’s graduate school loan and mortgage debt), figuring out how to enjoy work (either make a change or find a more balanced work schedule), and spending more time at home. Smaller step/goals are needed to make those three things happen.
Here are my goals for the year:
1. Develop alternate income streams.
Sell items no longer needed and create a home-based business.
2. Learn more about Instagram, YouTube and update/optimize the blog.
3. Pay off my husband’s graduate school loans.
Tom finished his Ed Specialist degree in 2015. We got some incorrect information that he would be able to get another loan forgiveness for working another 5 years in a Title 1 school. We have just been paying the regular payment and we need to just wipe out this debt.
4. Pay down our mortgage by $15K.
5. De-clutter and organize basement storage areas; sell, donate or discard items we no longer want.
6. Get healthier: lose weight and move more.
7. Work in my sewing room an hour or more each week.
8. Post on this site 4 x per month.
9.Continue the Use It Up project that I started in November.
10. Complete a home project from my list every month (this includes decor projects–we don’t have a lot of fixing up to do).
11. Meal plan and have weekly meal prep sessions.
12. Do Christmas shopping throughout the year; avoid the last minute rush and save money.
What goals to you have for 2018? I would love to hear more in the comments. Let’s help keep each other accountable!