I like to make homemade hummus. It is less expensive than the pre-packaged hummus, you can control the ingredients and it is really convenient to have the ingredients on hand and be able to make hummus when you need it. It literally takes just about 5 minutes to make.
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (drain and reserve liquid)
- 1/3 cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- juice of one lemon (I use fresh or bottled if that is what I have on-hand)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or just regular table salt)
- 4-8 dashes of hot sauce
- In a food processor combined drained chickpeas, Tahini, garlic gloves, lemon juice, salt and hot sauce.
- While hummus is processing, slowly add reserved liquid, a little at a time, until hummus is smooth.
- Serve with any of the following: pita chips, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, celery or grape tomatoes.